About the Position
We are seeking an experienced Food Technologist with an in-depth knowledge of food science and technology as well as diverse experience in product development and commercialization. Candidate must have the ability to formulate and scale-up a wide variety of food and beverage products, possess strong project management skills, independently manage multiple projects, and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Formulation development; commercialization of food and beverage products; shelf life studies of food and beverage products; technical assessment of novel ingredients and/or food products; ingredient sourcing and verification, sensory analysis, pilot plant operations, concept development, ideation, research and preparation of technical reports for novel food and beverage applications and technologies; chemical and physical testing of food and beverage products & recipe development. Ability to lift 30 to 40 lbs.
Food as a Way of Life
We are looking for passionate foodies to join our employee-owned “family.” First and foremost, you must be driven by all things food, especially food innovation. A job at Mattson will immerse you in the world of food. You must be passionate about food and beverage in all shapes and forms. And, while you are willing to taste anything without judgment (or allergy concerns), you have your own passions and loves within the world of food. We want to hear about them. The more you can articulate your passion, the more interested we will be in interviewing you. At Mattson, food is not just our business; it’s our life. We also like to have fun. It’s food, after all!
- M.S in Food Science and 2 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of food or beverage product development with commercialization experience; prefer demonstrated experience across multiple technologies and product types
- Must be a person of high integrity and commitment and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong documentation, organization and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
Experience That Will Set You Apart
- Culinary degree
- Food service restaurant operation experience
- Restaurant menu development experience